In 1898, Late Qing Government established Wusong Locomotive Factory (the predecessor of CSR QISHUYAN CO., LTD.) in Shanghai in order to provide a manufacture and repair industry base of railway locomotive and rolling stock whilst Shanghai-Nanjing railway line was built.
In 1936, Japan invaded Shanghai. The Kuomintang government moved the Wusong Locomotive Factory to Qishuyan District of Changzhou City due to the consideration of national defense and changed its name to Qishuyan Locomotive Factory as the first large modern factory in Changzhou at that time.
During the occupation by the Japanese invading army in 1937, the factory was named Wujin Factory and was renamed Changzhou Factory in December, 1938.
In 1945, the factory was renamed Qishuyan Locomotive Factory which was affiliated to the Railway Administration for Beijing and Shanghai regions.
In 1949, the factory was renamed Qishuyan Railway Factory.
In 1953, the factory was renamed Qishuyan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Repair Factory.
In 1958, the factory was renamed Qishuyan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Works.
In 2000, China Locomotive and Rolling Stock Industry Corporation was separated from the original MOR(Ministry of Railway in China). Under this background, the name was changed to CSR Qishuyan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Works which was affiliated to China Southern Locomotive and Rolling Stock Industrial Group Corporation.
In 2007, the former Qishuyan Locomotive and Rolling Stock Works was divided into three parts: (1) CSR QISHUYAN CO., LTD.; (2) CSR Yangtze CO., LTD. Changzhou Branch; (3) Residual Enterprise;
In 2008, CSR QISHUYAN CO., LTD. started its formal operation according to its new structure.
Since September, 2015, China CNR Corporation Limited and CSR Corporation Limited merged into CRRC Corporation Limited, therefore, the company was renamed CRRC QISHUYAN CO., LTD.